If you’re on a diet and fancy something tasty, crunchy, healthy, guilt free and very quick to prepare, try this.
It could also be eaten as part of your vegetable allowances in Step 2 of the Cambridge Weight Plan:
60g of Sliced Kale (you may wish to remove the stalks but I leave mine as I like munching on these)
Garlic salt or ordinary salt if you prefer
Experiment with any spices you like but don’t use too much as the dried product soaks up the spices
I use a bit of cayenne pepper, paprika and cumin to give it a tick
1 calorie fly light, I experiment with garlic spray, chilli spray and even the coconut spray to give it twist.
1. Wash your kale and soak up the excess water with kitchen paper towels. The less water remaining, the quicker this will crisp up in the microwave.
2. Spray a microwavable plate with the one calorie oil and spread out the kale evenly and thinly on the plate.
3. Season the kale to your taste, making sure the seasoning is evenly spread.
4. Spray the top of the kale with one calorie spray.
5. Place in the microwave and cook on full power for 3 minutes
6. After 3 minutes, check and continue cooking in increment of 30 seconds to 1 minute until the level of crispiness is achieved.
7. Note that if the water is drained and removed vigorously from the kale, it crisps in about 4 to 5 minutes. However, if it isn’t drained and soaked up properly, it might take 6 to 8 minutes to crisp.
8. Serve and eat immediately.
I haven’t experimented with storage to keep the crispiness….as these are seriously yummy and are gone!